NICOSIA, April 25 — Cyprus’ first serial killer case spiraled on Thursday, with local media reporting that the 35-year-old suspect allegedly admitted to the killing of at least seven women, including two girls.
Earlier in the day the suspect, a captain in the National Guard, led the police to a firing range near Nicosia where they found the badly decomposed body of woman, who is still unidentified.
The suspect reportedly told the police that she is his latest victim.
Quoting police sources, Cypriot state television reported that the suspect, named as Nicos Metaxas, killed his first victim, Livia Florentina Bunea, aged 36, from Romania, in September, 2016, who had been reported as missing.
Her 8-year-old daughter at the time, Elena Natalia Bunea, who was also reported missing with her mother, is feared to have been murdered by the suspect.
Cypriot state television reported that after the killing of the two, the suspect strangled to death Maricar Valdes Arquiola, aged 29, from the Philippines, during love-making, in December, 2017.
He next reportedly strangled Mary Rose Tribucio, also from the Philippines, and killed her 7-year-old daughter Siera Graze Seucalius. Both were reported missing in May, 2018.
A search for the body of the girl is still going on in a mine pond close to where the body of her mother was found in a flooded mine shaft.
Next in line was another Philippino woman, Arian Palanas Lozano, who went missing in July, 2018,
The latest victim of the serial killer, who is reportedly the still unnamed woman whose body was found in the firing range, was murdered sometime in the summer of 2018.
The suspect told the police that she was a young woman from either India or Nepal. – XINHUA