RUNDU, 09 APR – A 37-year-old man died at his home at Tara-tara village in the Ndiyona Constituency on Saturday after he and two other family members ate traditional vegetables known as “mutete”.
It is alleged that they accidentally put pesticide in the mutete as spice, Namibian Police Force Kavango East crime investigations coordinator, Deputy Commissioner Bonifatius Kanyetu told Nampa on Monday.
He said according to the survivors, Mukuve Daniel Kahimbi, 38, and Mangundu Henrich Piti, 34, the pesticide was in a container where either soup powder or salt is kept.
The man, identified as Kayinga Ludwig Munango, is suspected to have died of the pesticide.
His body was taken to the Nyangana Hospital mortuary.
His two relatives have been admitted to the same hospital and are in a stable condition, Kanyetu said.
Police investigations continue.