WINDHOEK, 01 APR – Namibia Football Association (NFA) Secretary-General (SG), Barry Rukoro has been suspended by the Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (Cosafa) for 90 days, pending an investigation into allegations of gross misconduct.
In a letter seen by Nampa on Saturday, Cosafa SG Sue Destombes informed Rukoro that he was suspended on charges of gross misconduct in relation to his reported attack on Cosafa President Philip Chiyangwa on 16 February 2018 in South Africa.
It is alleged that Rukoro manhandled Chiyangwa at a Johannesburg hotel on the sidelines of a Cosafa meeting after it had emerged the NFA SG had been a subject of discussion during an executive committee meeting of Cosafa.
In the suspension letter, Destombes requested Rukoro to submit his representation to Cosafa in writing on or before 30 April 2018, showing cause why his case should not be referred to the Cosafa Disciplinary Board for appropriate action.
Speaking to Nampa from Katima Mulilo, Zambezi Region where he is attending the ongoing The Namibian Newspaper Cup 2018 edition, Rukoro said he did not yet see the letter as he is currently focusing on the newspaper cup.
Rukoro said he will only respond to it on Wednesday when he is back at the office, and will let his lawyers deal with the issue.