By Foibe N Paavo
SWAKOPMUND, 22 May 2022 – A grass fire caused by a wild cat broke out at the Nampower station near the Martin Luther High School at Okombahe in the Omaruru district on Friday evening.
According to the incident report provided by Police Inspector Ileni Shapumba, the fire was started when a wild cat, that climbed the electrical pole, was electrocuted and an electric spark landed on the dry grass.
Police, Erongo Red employees, and members of the local community extinguished the fire and nobody was killed or injured in the blaze which is being investigated. – Namibia Daily News