WINDHOEK, Mar. 6 – Former Namibian President, Hifikepunye Pohamba, and the African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security, Ambassador Smail Chergui led an AU panel that was reassured support by President Hage G.
Geingob as it tries to tackle problems which the African Union is facing.
“We like to blame AU and UN instead of blaming ourselves. Inclusivity is crucial in governance we should therefore make sure that no one should feel left out. The panel have a lot of problem that need to be solved, problems such as the one going on in DRC.”
Dr. Speciosa Kazibwe, Former Deputy President of the Republic of Uganda who is the deputy chair of AU panel of the Wise said that the AU is the mother institution coordinating activities which are being carried out in the continent.
Former President Pohamba was accompanied by:
1. H.E, Dr. Speciosa Kazibwe, Former Deputy President of the Republic of Uganda
2. H.E, Amr Moussa, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt, and Former
Secretary General of the Arab League
3. Mrs. Honorine Nzet Biteghe, Former Minister of Family and Social Affairs of Gabon
Friends of the Panel of the Wise who will accompany former President Pohamba
4. Mrs. Brigalia Bam, Former Chairperson of the Independent Electoral
Commission of South Africa
5. Mrs. Mary Chenery-Hesse, Former Deputy Director General of the International
6. Mrs. Marie-Madelaine Kalala-Ngoy, Former Honorary Minister for Human Rights
of the Democratic Republic of Congo
The Panel of the Wise is helding the 18th meeting in Windhoek form 5-6 March 2018. – Robert Maseka